NEW Features and Content changes for this blockbuster edition:· Improved flow of the tables and figures to match the flow of the text, so now tables and figures appear much closer to the text that they illustrate.
· Numerous typographical and factual errors were corrected along with figure revisions and improvements.
· Updated cardiovascular treatment strategies and best practices.
· Revised Chapter on GASTROINTESTINAL includes a major rearrangement of the Hepatic and Biliary diseases and rewrites for the Sections on Cirrhosis and Portal Hypertension.
· Entirely new sections on urinary incontinence and posterior urethral valves in the GENITONURINARY chapter.
· Endocrine chapter has been revised to reflect new drugs, new contraindications, and more thorough discussion of adverse effects.
· Significant additions, corrections, and clarifications plus a new table to include 3 entirely new classes of HIV drugs in the HEMATOLOGY AND ONCOLOGY chapter.