Whether you're a newcomer to the ICU or a seasoned practitioner, Oh's Intensive Care Manual delivers the practical, expert answers you need to manage the conditions you see every day in the intensive care unit. This highly esteemed, bestselling medical reference book presentscomprehensive detail on each topic, while maintaining a succinct, accessible style so this information can be seamlessly incorporated into your daily practice.
- Access everything you need to know about disease processes and their management during the course of ICU rotations.
- Gain valuable insight into the consensus of practice and standard of ICU care as followed in the UK, Europe, India, and Australia.
- Take advantage of expert advice on practical issues that will be encountered on a day-to-day basis in the ICU, as well as common pitfalls in treatment and management emphasized in each chapter.
- Overcome the latest challenges in intensive care medicine. Ten brand-new chapters in this edition include: Palliative Care; ICU and the Elderly; Health Care Team in Intensive Care Medicine; Preparing for Examinations in Intensive Care Medicine; Ultrasound in the ICU; ECMO for Respiratory Failure; ECMO for Cardiac Failure; Cirrhosis and Acute-on-Chronic Liver Disease; Solid Tumours and their Implications in the ICU; and Delirium.
- Optimize patient outcomes through an even greater focus on clinical management strategies.
- Quickly locate essential information with an increased number of summary boxes, tables, and charts, and a new chapter organization that expedites reference.
- Effortlessly search the entire text online at Expert Consult.