"In the Harrison's tradition, this book integrates pathophysiology with clinical management while Doody's Review Serviceoutlining discoveries in genetics and molecular biology. It includes some important chapters that are not found in similar books: one on adaptation of the kidney to renal injury (including factors and mechanisms of renal disease progression) and one on hyperuricemia and gout. The introductory chapter on the basic biology of the kidney, covering renal development, function, and physiology, is very well written. This book meets the expected Harrison's standards and reading it is a satisfying experience."--
Featuring the chapters on Nephrology and Acid-Base Disorders that appear in the landmark Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 17e, this compact clinical companion delivers all the latest knowledge in the field, backed by the scientific rigor and reliability that have defined Harrison's.
You'll find coverage that reflects the expertise of renowned editors and contributors -- presented in a carry-anywhere format that makes it ideal for the classroom, the wards, or the point of care. With its ease of use, indispensable diagnosis-speeding guidelines, and acclaimed state-of-the-art strategies,Harrison's Nephrology and Acid Base Disorders is a must for students and clinicians alike.
Harrison's Nephrology and Acid-Base Disorders delivers:
- Current, complete coverage of all major renal-related presentations and diseases, as well as acid-base and electrolyte disorders
- 63 high-yield self-assessment Q&A for exam and board review drawn from Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine Self-Assessment and Board Review, 17e
- A timely focus on the impact of scientific advances, with a look at how genetics and molecular biology are transforming the field
- New diagnostic and treatment strategies based on evidence from recent clinical studies
- Integration of pathophysiology with clinical management topics in each of the disease-oriented chapters
- Valuable content in print form from the acclaimed Harrison's DVD
- Helpful appendix that highlights laboratory values of clinical importance