"the book is ideal for medical students and residents rotating on a gastroenterology service (who may prefer to own the parent textbook) and would be useful to practitioners studying for the MainteGastroenterologynance of Certification examination."--
Featuring the chapters on Gastroenterology and Hepatology that appear in the landmark Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 17e, this compact clinical companion delivers all the latest knowledge in the field, backed by the scientific rigor and reliability that has defined Harrison's.
You'll find coverage that reflects the expertise of renowned editors and contributors -- presented in a carry-anywhere format that makes it ideal for the classroom, the wards, or the point of care. With its ease of use, indispensable diagnosis-speeding guidelines, and acclaimed state-of-the-art strategies,Harrison's Gastroenterology and Hepatology is a must for students and clinicians alike.
Harrison's Gastroenterology and Hepatology delivers:
- Complete coverage of need-to-know gastroenterology and hepatology topics, including cardinal manifestations of disease, differential diagnosis and diagnostic evaluation, management of diseases and disorders, and obesity, nutrition, and eating disorders
- References updated since the publication of HPIM 17e
- Content from the acclaimed Harrison's DVD in print form, including a complete atlas of liver disease
- 58 chapters written by physicians who have made seminal contributions to the body of knowledge in their areas of expertise
- Integration of pathophysiology with clinical management topics in each of the disease-oriented chapters
- 140 high-yield questions and answers drawn from Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine Self-Assessment and Board Review, 17e
- Helpful appendix of laboratory values of clinical importance